Featured post

If my people, who are called by my Name, humble themselves and pray (Part One)

The text, for those who have trouble with a rather individual cursive, reads as follows: Scandal after Scandal. No institution safe....

Thursday 18 July 2013

The first song I learned by heart

When I learned the few guitar skills I possess, Christians would learn something called 'Can it be true?' Non-Christians nearly always learned the song featured below:


 

The definitive and still the best version. Enjoy!
The arrangement works well with 'There is a green hill far away'. I'm quite serious about that. It suits bluesy R&B.

2 comments:

  1. I think the first song I learned to play/strum on the guitar was "Blowin' in the Wind" - but then again, it might have been Naomi Shemer's
    Jerusalem of Gold". They were both round about the same time.

    Anyway - good for Eric Burdon:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Blowin' in the Wind' was for folkies and hippies as I recall. You've got me curious about Naomi Shemer. I will have to look her up online. Nice to hear from you again.

    ReplyDelete